Manufacturing in Pleszew – A family matter
Pleszew is home to almost 18,000 people. It was officially mentioned as early as 1283 and during its eventful history was also known as Pleschen for some time under the rule of Germany. Pleszew does not dwell on its past but instead is a place of progress. Already in 1877 – seven years after Friedrich Gildemeister opened his factory – the Famot factory began operations in Pleszew.